The Channel Account Manager is responsible for aiding in identifying, developing, and expanding relationships with resellers with their Regional Senior Channel Account Manager. Duties of a CAM may include training, mentoring, and motivating channel partners in the assigned territory; generating additional demand through partner events, calls, emails, etc.; studying the market for newer trends and reporting the same to management; monitoring partner output and revenue; making sure that channel partners sign proper contracts/agreements; managing channel conflicts; aid in training or mentoring trainee CAM and fostering relationships between channel partners and resellers. Excellent relationship building skills are essential. Prior channel experience is advantageous.
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with all members of your assigned Unitrends Sales Region (North, West, or South). Account Executives, Regional Directors, and Sales Development.
- Align partner plans with needs of business and requirements/ suggestions from Sales Region.
- Build positive working relationships with channel partners to maximize product sales within customer base.
- Manage existing partners and recruit new partners for sales growth.
- Coordinate with partners to identify key sales opportunities to generate revenue; account mapping.
- Provide product training to partners and inform them about complimentary services offered.
- Resolve partner related issues and sales conflicts in a timely fashion.
- Develop and review sales proposals with partners.
- Develop partner specific sales and marketing plans to increase marketing and selling efforts.
- Manage daily sales activities with partners to achieve revenue objectives.
- Assist in product placement and promotional activities to increase sales.
- Coordinate with partners to develop joint business plan to mutually agree with business objectives.
- Perform business reviews and recommend improvements.
- Manage sales activities and maintain sales records and reports.
- Track your Partner related Activities in Salesforce weekly, goal of 10 per week.
- Strive to maintain an average of 40 calls per day and 2.5 hours of talk time per day, each week.
- Focus on qualified deal registrations submitted each week, expectation of 10.
- Travel to Regional VARs for onsite events and meetings OR host partners in our Burlington office, approximately 4 times per month
- Ability to successfully present the Unitrends slides and UI demonstration within 30 days of hire date
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter while also being capable of working within a dynamic and highly distributed team environment.
- Understanding of the Channel sales process, growing deal registrations, incentive programs, and the ability to collaboratively communicate with your internal inside sales team at HQ.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years related experience and skills pertaining to DMR and VAR accounts, preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Salesforce is a requirement.
- Experience in understanding IT related business problems and developing and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Storage, storage networking, and/or backup & disaster recovery technology (HW & SW) domain experience specifically within the server environments desired.
- Working knowledge of the Storage, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Data Protection, Virtualization, and Backup and Recovery market required. Knowledge of networking or IT Security would be good to have.
- Successful track record in meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas.
- Ability to travel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Communications OR at least 2 years of Channel related experience.
Unitrends is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug test per Unitrends employment policy.
If you are intersted, please email me your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org